Winter Land Application Training Days
Getting the most value from your manure resource!
January 23 - February 5, 2014
Initial training and Recertification training
What Are Some of the Things I Will Learn
- Regulations as they relate to manure
- Managing manure nitrogen
- In-depth discussion of recordkeeping and reporting needs
- Manure, and soil sampling
- Application equipment calibration
- The 2012 Nebraska P-Index
How Can I Attend
- At a local county extension office (See brochure for the counties hosting)
- Call Leslie Johnson (402-584-3818) before the workshop for assistance
Who Should Attend
- Recently permitted operations that have not completed the initial Land Application Training should attend the all day program. Participants attending all day (approx. 6 hrs.) will receive NDEQ Land Application Training certification.
- Additional educational training is required every 5 years for permitted operations. If you are unsure of your certification status, contact Leslie Johnson (402-584-3818) or Ken Lamb (402-471-4233). Farm representative attendance for the first 2 hours of the morning session only will fulfill NDEQ Land Application recertification required every 5 years for permitted operations.
- Farm staff and advisors implementing farm's permit or nutrient plan are welcome and encouraged to attend. Consider making this workshop part of your staff's training.
What Will it Cost
- All Day: $50 per operation plus $10 per additional operation participant(s)
- Recertification: $10 per participant
- Fees will be due upon arrival at the location. Please do not send fees with your registration. Registration is required regardless of attendance location.
*PDF requires Adobe Acrobat Reader for reading or printing. Download free.
If you are looking for previous archives and handouts, click here.
If you cannot attend at these locations, please contact Leslie Johnson to see if other arrangements can be made.
|Location||Date/Time (local time)||Address||Contact|
|Cuming County||January 30, 2014 @ 9:00 am|| || Larry Howard |
|Colfax County||February 5, 2014 @ 9:00 am|| || Aaron Nygren |
|Dixon County||February 4, 2014 @ 9:00 am|| |
|Holt County||February 3, 2014 @ 9:00 am|| |
|Phelps County||January 30, 2014 @ 9:00 am|| || Tyler Williams |
|Scottsbluff County||January 23, 2014 @ 9:00 am|| || Tom Holman |
|York County||January 23, 2014 @ 9:00 am|| |