|Look for May, 2013 "Did You Know" tips at links below|
- Agricultural Irrigation
- Crop Production
- Drinking Water
- Lakes / Ponds / Streams
- Lawn and Landscape Irrigation
- Lawns, Landscapes and Gardens
- Livestock Manure Management
- Policy / Law / Economics / Human Behavior
- Stormwater Management
- Wastewater - Domestic Sewage
- Water Basics (groundwater, surface water, hydrology)
- Well and Wellhead Management
Nebraska Waters Photography Contest - Deadline: November 30, 2012
Photographs of Nebraska streams, rivers, lakes, wetlands and/or plants, insects and wildlife associated with water.
- Each participants may enter an up to 10 photographs
- Photos must relate to Nebraska waters (streams, rivers, lakes, wetlands, flora, fauna, flooding; water pollution examples (i.e. litter, excessive algae, etc.) also accepted).
- Photos of identifiable people will not be accepted.
- Photos must be originals and taken by person submitting the photo as an entry. Copyrighted images are not allowed.
To use with the “Stormwater Sleuth” educational game. Accepted photos of Nebraska waters and ecology will be used on cards to help teach youth about our state’s water resources and the conservation and protection of Nebraska Waters.
Rewards and Recognition
If one or more of a contestants photographs are selected for use with the game, the contestant will be credited as the photographer on each photo used, receive one Stormwater Sleuth Kit when development is complete, and their name will be entered in a drawing for a $100 gift card to Best Buy.
By submitting a photo you grant UNL Extension the right to publish the images for use with Stormwater Sleuth educational items, outreach programs, websites, and in publications or presentations such as newsletters, brochures, displays, mailings, and any other use. University of Nebraska-Lincoln employees and their family members are ineligible from winning, but may submit photos. Photos will not be returned to submitter
To Submit Photo(s)
There are two ways to submit your photos.
- Email JPEG or TIF files to NEWatersPhotoContest@unl.edu and put "Nebraska Waters Photo Contest" in the headline. In the email include:
- Photo Name
- When (date) and where (county/town) photograph was taken
- Name of the stream, river, lake, wetland (required)
- Name of the flora/fauna/insect (if known; if not – this is optional)
- Other information of interest or as needed to explain photo (optional)
- Contact information (photographer's name, e-mail and phone number)
- Upload your photo here. Then fill out the form below. Once your photo is uploaded, please copy and paste the text from your upload into the box in the form that says "Upload Information."