For manure related news in Nebraska sign up for the Manure Matters listerve.
Sign up for the National Livestock and Poultry Environmental Learning Center's Monthly Newsletter.
Archived workshops hosted by the UNL Extension Nutrient Management Team for:
- Extension educators
- NRCS staff
- Crop and engineering consultants
- Regulatory staff
NOTE: All Web cast videos open in a new window.
Handouts for this webcast:
- Carbon sequestration in no-till 2007 (.ppt slides of above presentation)
- Science Direct PDF document: Tillage and soil carbon sequestration - what do we really know? *
- Canadian Journal of Soil Science PDF: Towards accurate measurements of soil organic carbon stock change in agroecosystems *
- P Index sample form
- Inservice 2007: The Effect of Compost Application and Plowing on Phosphorus Runoff (.ppt slides)
- Practical Exercises for Nebr. P Index 2007
|Find out more...|
Land Application Training - Getting the most value from your manure resource!
Events are typically held during the winter months. This winter's (2015-2016) training events will occur the first week of February 2016 at various locations across the state. More information can be found on the Land Application Training page.
Learn more about Land Application Training requirements.
Watch archives from previous Land Application Training days.
Air Quality Educational Workshops
Training is available on the Odor Footprint Tool and air quality issues.
2014 Manure Demonstration Day was held in Lexington, Nebraska on July 29, 2014. Approximately 275 people attended the event that demonstrated how to utilize manure for proper plant nutrition while still protecting the environment. The event was similar to the North American Manure Expo, but focused on the manure industry in the state of Nebraska rather than nationally. Participants viewed 33 vendors, 16 demonstrations and had opportunities to attend educational sessions to learn more about manure management and handling. Visit the event webpage to learn more about what happened and watch some of the archived presentations.
Have you ever wondered how technology is being used in modern manure management? Find out with the University of Nebraska's "Modern Manure Management" Video.
*PDF documents require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Slides (.ppt) open with MS PowerPoint® or compatible software.