2017 Omaha Stormwater Management Tour
Join us, as we tour some of the newest stormwater management projects in Omaha and re-visit established green infrastructure projects. Six of this year’s tour stops are new to the tour! Criteria for tour stop selection included ensuring a variety of consultants, various project scales, various management practices, and availability of tour guides.
Tour stops will include:
- Thompson Creek Stream Restoration & Rain Gardens
- Fair Deal Village Permeable Pavement, Bioretention, Green Roof & Neighborhood Revitalization
- Metro Community College Bioretention System
- Fontenelle Park Large Scale Green Infrastructure for CSO
- Creighton Prep Bioretention & Permeable Pavement
- Dundee Outdoor Green Infrastructure Classroom
- Baxter Arena Bioretention Systems
Register* at go.unl.edu/OmahaGreenInfrastructureTour
*Registration includes air conditioned charter bus, lunch, water, and handouts.
This article was reviewed by Andy Szatko, UNO City of Omaha
Information presented within the Stormwater Management section of this Water Web site has been reviewed by the University of Nebraska Stormwater Management Team. Please contact Katie Pekarek, Kelly Feehan, or Thomas Franti with questions.