U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Resources
Several federal regulations may impact animal producers and their operations including the Clean Water Act and provisions that relate to NPDES permits. The federal EPA statutes that have relevance to animal agriculture are summarized at EPA's Agricultural Law Web site.
EPA Information also available:
- The US EPA water program as it relates to NPDES permitting and Effluent Limitation Guidelines for CAFOs
- Current regulations, updates on court challenges, and proposed changes to the CAFO regulations
- Compliance assistance publications
- Producer's Compliance Guide for CAFOs. One of the better overviews of the CAFO regulations(*.pdf)
- EPA Ag Center on eXtension National Web site pages related to livestock and poultry regulations